Monday, February 03, 2014

This is me - Part 17/18

Nature:
*Where is your favourite place to go to get away from it all?
I strangely like to grocery shop.  I like having time (on my own) to stroll through the aisles and look at everything.  



*What outdoor activities do you like to participate in?
As little as possible.  I would like to walk.  I would like to ride a bike.  I would love to swim.  I would like to a lot of things.


*What are some of your favorite outdoor memories?
Torquay when I was a kid would be my favourite.  Strangely I don't think I've been there since I met Vince.  I don't believe I have been there with Jamie... will have to rectify that, change my memories to the new man (only had him for 14 years)


Travelling:


*Where in the world have you been?
Lets start from the beginning:
Germany - 1973
Canada - 1974-1979
Australia - 1979 - present
New Zealand - 1983
England, Scotland, Wales - 1993
France, Italy, Austria, Germany, Netherlands - 1993
New Zealand - 1997
All over Australia - 1997
Queensland - 2001
Thailand - 2013
 
*Where was your favorite vacation? 
As a child my favourite holiday was going in our wind up caravan to the beach.



Teenager was our big family holiday to Uluru, three weeks off school and pure family time.


Adult - I did love NZ, but looking back there are so many dark memories.  That is now been taken over by our trip to Thailand.  I love that we were able to take all three kids on a 2.5 week vacation in the sun.  We were careful with money which in hindsight wasn't as "fun" as it could have been.  But what an experience.
 
*Where would your dream vacation be?
I really want to go to America, I want to drive across country in a big ole car like in Thelma and Louise.  I want to go to New York, to Texas to the midwest.  I want to experience a diner and all those things I read about on blogs and see on tv.  I really want to do it as a couple - not a family (is that wrong?).  I want our next holiday to be a cruise.  Invite the whole family and all room separately but can meet up as required.



*How do you like to travel?
I don't care, I just want to do it more often.  Not a fan of flying with toddlers, but they are growing up.   




No comments: