Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Pleasantries of Life.


I'm not as good at blogging as I thought I would be. Might have something to do with Jamie being SO busy with building our business at the moment, that it is quite hard to get onto the computer, the easy to use computer that is.

Some cute things that happen in our house:

  1. The other day Ryan was having a bath (bloody cute in itself), and Mark came in to help. I have a bag of bath toys already hanging in the bathroom, despite Ryan being far too small to play with toys yet. Mark wanted to get out a rubber duck for him, so he reached across and got one out, it slipped out of his hand and banged R on the head. R started to scream from the shock of it, M started to cry, sob actually. Mark cried for a good 5 minutes feeling guilty that he'd hurt his brother. For the rest of the evening, Mark hovered near by, kissing him on the head and cuddling him. Very sweet
  2. Smiles - these are happening more often. Huge gummy smiles with associated toe curling. He is enjoying "If you're happy and you know it", "open shut them" and a musical bunch of flowers. Babies minds must be very random.
  3. Discovering hands - Ryan now looks at his hands and more importantly sucks on them instead of a dummy for periods of time. Very cute.
  4. Feeding in the night and going back to bed to find Jamie on my side. He wriggles across to find the warm spot I guess. Its nice to be missed.
  5. Oooh, I got my "little squirt" nappy cleaning attachment for the loo. Its brilliant.
Some not-so-cute things

  1. Vomiting - My left shoulder smells permanently of milk vomit, as often does my back and the back of my shin. After almost every feed he vomits - YUCK.
  2. The golden shower - I'm a bit over this one too. Why do boys feel its ok to pee the second the nappy is off???? Luckily it really only goes onto his own leg.
  3. A still not finished kitchen, hopefully the weather will cool down, so we can get going on that project again.
  4. HOT weather. So sick of this heat and humidity. I nearly cried in the car yesterday when they said "Wednesday is going to be particularly humid", as I'm finding almost everyday particularly humid, I'm quite terrified of what this means.

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

Thanks for the insite into family life at the Storers. Jamie, baby sitting is 'hard' work. Does Ryan like your choice of shows?
The kitchen like cooler weather will come ... don't know which will come first. See you all in a week and a half.
Love Mum & Dad (Nan & Pop)