Friday, July 01, 2011

30 Day Music Challenge

This is a challenge set down by *someone* on Facebook. I've been enjoying other people's music picks, so decided to do it myself. I have found it quite challenging, due to my crappy memory. So have decided to put some effort into it tonight and come up with the lot - that'll make it easier when I'm in Melbourne on my holiday!


day 01 - your favorite song
Lola by The Kinks This is my standard answer to all "what is your favourite song" questions, but truth be told, ever since I made it my ringtone for about a year... well it doesn't hold the same appeal.


day 02 - your least favorite song
TNT by AC/DC - I don't necessarily hate this particular song, but the way its played at my house. Jamie and Mark play it very loud, and often several times over. I feel they think its a boy song, so as boys they must like it. Which stands to reason that I'm a girl, so I must dislike it.


day 03 - a song that makes you happy
The Circle of Life from The Lion King. This reminds me of Mark's toddlerhood. We saw this in imax, stage show and it makes me all goosey.


day 04 - a song that makes you sad
Ironic by Alanis Morrissette. This one (again) doesn't make me sad per se, but is my "go to" some when feeling sad. Yes its pathetic and obvious, but it was played over and over when I broke up with "the first boyfriend" hahaha, so glad we didn't get married like we had planned.


day 05 - a song that reminds you of someone.
Jolene by Dolly Parton. This one is a little stupid and quite topical. My sisters name is Jocelyn Geary and we call her Jo, so Jolene is sort of like Jo. When I asked Jo to come to the Dolly Parton concert, she said only if she sings "Jolene"



day 06 - a song that reminds you of somewhere
Tomorrow by Silverchair. This reminds me of Torquay in 1997. I went to a music festival that changed the course of my life.


day 07 - a song that reminds you of a certain event
Halo Theme Song - this one reminds me of the Boeing Strike that my family was a part of back in 2006. We had a little community all set up and most evenings were spent playing Halo on the linked XBOXs. Of course I didn't play (I can't do video games) but the blokes and the kids sure played it.


day 08 - a song that you know all the words to
You are my sunshine. This is the song I sing to my children. Started off (obviously) with Mark, and felt quite guilty when I sang it to Sheena when she was a baby, felt like I was cheating on Mark. Now I sing it to all three of them and frequently change the words to make it more appropriate for three kids.


day 09 - a song that you can dance to
Telephone by Lady Gaga. For self explanatory reasons... I'm NOT a good dancer.


day 10 - a song that makes you fall asleep
Yellow by Coldplay. Its just so awful, boring and depressing.


day 11 - a song from your favorite band
No Apology by Bon Jovi. I really really like this new song. Jon is still beautiful, I love his voice, I love their show. I'm a die hard fan!


day 12 - a song from a band you hate
Beautiful by Christina Aguilera - Its a nice song, but I can't stand her plastic-ness. She doesn't look like a real person, I dislike warbly singing, eyes closed and hands out in front. ICKY.


day 13 - a song that is a guilty pleasure
Blow by Ke$ha - she's so trashy, but I LOVE this song, I love the film clip especially that Dawson is in it (not a fan of the unicorns though).


day 14 - a song that no one would expect you to love
Bad Romance by Lady Gaga. Mainly because I love singing it.


day 15 - a song that describes you
She'll be coming round the mountain. In the version I know, the second verse is "She'll be wearing pink pyjamas when she comes" and I always wear pink pyjamas. I found this one very hard.


day 16 - a song that you used to love but now hate
Sex is on Fire - Kings of Leon. The radio played it far too much and killed it for me.


day 17 - a song that you hear often on the radio
Cows with Guns by Dana Lyons. I listen to the ABC! Every so often they play this as a comedy song. I love it!


day 18 - a song that you wish you heard on the radio
Party Anthem - LMAFO. Same verse same as the first. I listen to the ABC, they don't play this type of music, need to switch to commercial radio and then I'd be well and truly over it. Everybody's shufflin'


day 19 - a song from your favorite album
You Give Love a Bad Name - Bon Jovi. Slippery when Wet was one of my first full band albums that I bought. I can still almost sing along completely.


day 20 - a song that you listen to when you’re angry
I don't tend to listen to music when I'm angry. Will keep thinking. I could be typical and chose a song with violent lyrics and one I happen to like. Killing in the Name of by Rage Against the Machine. We listened to this LOUD when Mark was in about year 2 at school and he was horrified, now he likes it too.


day 21 - a song that you listen to when you’re happy
So What by Pink. She's just so cool.


day 22 - a song that you listen to when you’re sad
You Oughta Know by Alanis Morrissette. Hmm. Need to get some other melancholy music. I never plan to break up again, so need advice on general sad songs not relationship sad.


day 23 - a song that you want to play at your wedding
As I'm already married, we did it in a registry office. No music. BUT should we renew our vows.... Throw Your Arms around me by Hunters and Collectors. Its a bit cliche, but I'm cliche. I adore this song.


day 24 - a song that you want to play at your funeral
Its my life by Bon Jovi. That is what I have as my "about me" on my Facebook wall, "I'm a chronic status updater... sorry to those not interested in my life. Its really not that interesting, but in the words of Jon Bon Jovi... "Its my life" But I don't know the lyrics - but I like the title.


day 25 - a song that makes you laugh
White and Nerdy by Weird Al Yankovic. I think he's just hilarious, very very clever. I like his Amish Paradise song too.


day 26 - a song that you can play on an instrument
That'd be nada.


day 27 - a song that you wish you could play
Chopsticks. As I can't play music.. isn't that what people start with???

day 28 - a song that makes you feel guilty
Family Portrait by Pink. I feel guilty (in a way) that I have such a great life. So many people have been hurt and abused by their family, I'm so lucky that my family is awesome.


day 29 - a song from your childhood
Take on Me by A-Ha. I remember this being on the first songs that was "grown up" that I actually liked. Had a crush on Morten as we all did ;)


day 30 - your favorite song at this time last year
Telephone by Lady Gaga - my only repeat!

No comments: