Thursday, September 28, 2006

Catch up.

Hello to those in blog land.

Its been a week since my last post. Holidays are over, not that they were much of a holiday, but it was time away from work. A much needed catch up on sleep.
Friday night was my first foray into scrapbook teaching. I must admit - I suck at it. But I'll learn. My beginners class was choosing complimentary colours, matting the photo, inking edges and putting a monogram letter and a tag with journalling. Tracey - from OOSH - did a great LO about her son David when he was a kid, I should have taken a pic of it to put on here, but I forgot. She was very tired, its the end of a VERY long term, but she did great and listened to all of my advice. Also at the class were my friend Bec and her friend Alanah. Bec did a page along the same lines, but used her own paper - sensible!!! And Alannah just looked at the paper and bought some stuff.
Girls from work will come next time.

On Sunday I went to a crop with the girls from Scrapneeds. It was at a club and very nice, they were very welcoming. I felt like a total amateur though, these are very professional scrappers, but I won't get disheartened. There is a lot of bitchiness going on in the scrap world at the moment, people competing to be the best, the most famous, the best teachers, to make a living out of it... but in reality, it is a creative escape from the everyday and in the words of Kath Day-Knight "we are just tizzying up some photos". So I'm not gonna stress that my pages are basic. I really like them, they suit my purposes, and I'm happy.

Monday and Tuesday were back in "Motility Land" all went really well, still a damned good NG placer!! Some interesting conditions, and no one puked on me!!! That makes for a good day.

Mark resigned from guitar lessons on Monday - he didn't have passion for it. Fair enough, I got sick of asking him to practice, if he had the passion he'd be playing it all the time. He'd be a good player if he tried.

We started "Little Atheletics" on Monday night also!!! It was really good for Marko. Very very disorganised at this stage in the game - Christy - a first time parent with a boy who isn't actually registered yet was helping out with the high jump, keeping 7 little boys in line. These are the under 9 boys! Now for my freak out. There were 7 boys, and three parents. Where were the parents of the other 4 boys? I think they were with their daughters, but little boys need protection in this day and age as well. I couldn't believe it they were left to their own defences. And there was NO tuition on how to perform the events. We had high jump - the boys just had to jump, no one to explain the correct way to do it, what is considered a foul, to go off the back of the mat, jump off one leg. THEN we had discus. Mark had never even seen a discus before, and he had to throw it, he asked "is this a frisbee??" Oh dear, but he did throw it 10.2m and we was VERY impressed.

Legs are playing up a treat at the moment, have another appointment with Dr Ambrogetti next week, and hopefully will get them sorted out.
I ahve to go and scrap now. Get ready for arvo shift at work (working with Amy!!) Tidied the scrap room. Kitchen is still good. Marko is at a picnic today. He wants me to come, but I'm not gonna, I know I'm a bad mother - but I just can't face it.

1 comment:

jotcr2 said...

I think that you are being very hard on yourself (as usual) that you aren't any good at your classes. I think you would be great at it. Very enthusiastic, and experienced. Not just in it for the bucks (although it will help pay for all the stuff that you've used over the years).