Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Holiday and Birthdays


Aren't they wonderful things????

It was my 33rd birthday on Sunday. I can't believe I'm that old. I look pretty good for that, and certainly don't act my age, so its ok to be 33!!! Loving the idea of double numbers too.
To be perfectly honest, had a shit birthday. M&D gave me their pressie when they were up in August - some lovely towels and the most GORGEOUS card. Jamie didn't get me anything (not even a card), Mark make a card. Connie and Paul graced us with their presence -which is FANTASTIC and gave me a beautiful framed photo of Jamie at their wedding - he looks handsome, and a lovely card.
I wanted to go to the Stroud Rodeo, but it was held on the 16th of September and we went on the 17th, how stupid. Went for a drive in the country instead, which was pleasant, but Jamie was in a shit for some reason - he's been MEGA grumpy the last few days, maybe it was bourbon night with Paul and it didn't agree with him.

Monday Connie and I had a Scraptactular day.
  1. We first went to visit our new couches - yes Harvey Norman still have them on sale, but not in stock as yet. We sat on them for about half an hour, 3 sales people asked if we were ok, "Yes I have already bought this one and enjoy sitting on it thankyou!!"
  2. Merewether Beach for a Skinny Latte, very nice! Liked watching the boys on their surfboards (no that wasn't Jamie and Paul, but SURFERS)
  3. Scrapbook MegaStore for my birthday pressie. Got myself a Xyron sticker machine, some paints, some 12x12 flip books to exhibit my papers, a circle punch, a little tin for Mrs Dabboussy's Christmas present (will start that tomorrow) and some GORGEOUS paper with 8 written all over it - might just do a layout about Mark!!!
  4. The Warehouse where we bought some canvasses - 2 each and a paint pallette and some brushes.

Home for lunch and then we attempted the canvas. It took us both over 3 hours. More stressful than a normal layout, cos you know its gonna be on the wall. I used our family photo, did the background in light blue - hated it and changed it to dark blue - put some really bright Chatterbox striped paper and cut out a big monogram of "F" family and then strung a ribbon across with chipboard hanging off it with our initials. NOt my best, but not my worst.

No comments: