Luckily those of you in blogland cannot see my house, there is just NO energy to do anything. As soon as I finish this I will try to clean up. Jamie gets annoyed at me cos I'm not pulling my weight - and yes Margie, he helps marvellously and as he puts it, he does almost everything. I still cook and do the clothes washing, but very little else. I really don't know where to go now....
Let me list - for myself and those out there - what I have tried.
- Magnesium tablets
- Hot baths and camomile tea
- Deep Heat rubbed into my legs
- Clonazepam (from the family of Valium) starting at 0.25mg and then anything up to 2mg - very drugged, very very addictive.
- Oxycontin (slow acting morphine)
- Temazepam (sleeping tablet)
- Anti-dopamine meds (for Parkinson Disease - I was EXTREMELY nauseaus - full on vomiting for 4 days, won't try that again)
- Gabapentin (neurotransmitter inhibitor) - varying doses and times of the day, worked at the beginning now its crap.
- Flunitrazapine (supposedly a SHORT acting sleeping tablets but makes me VERY foggy - but I'll get used to it)
- I also slightly tried many other therapies but limited funding has not allowed that to happen.
- Salt free diet - very hard to maintain, especially when one is exhausted from just maintaining an income and keeping up with the laundry.
Just yesterday I could have screamed when I was told by a colleage that her husband "suffers from RLS" and camphor wrapped in a penny under the sheets works a treat. Well I'm sorry, but that will not do with me. I'm SICK, very SICK and its a really stupid illness that is not understood by people and I've had enough.
I don't want to hear about old wives tales of how camphor mixes with pennies and cures me. Its not curable, its something I have to live with and it sucks.
Now I'm so HOT, sweating all of the time, my face burns from heat almost constantly. My legs hurt, my back hurts, my arms ache, my brain is mushy and I'm supposed to care about camphor, I know she is trying to help. But I really want to know what to do to help.
Sorry again this has turned into a rant, but I'm exhausted. Work is so hard, so hot - it would have been over 30 degrees in the room, the patients are sweating so much its rediculous, I have to wear heavy pants and thick cotton shirts and I get so hot. I did a quick shift with only about 3 hours sleep and I don't know what to do with myself.
I did buy some easter eggs today and they look lovely. I'll take a photo of my display when the house is tidy (check back sometime in the next three weeks).