Sunday, February 02, 2014

This is Me - Part 14, 15 and 16

Health:
*How is your overall health?
Gone downhill since I turned 40.  Aches, pains, and degeneration in my back, shoulder and wrist.  Long standing issue with Restless Leg Syndrome, insomnia, anxiety and some gynaecological issues that don't need to be discussed as this time.

*Have you had any surgeries? (If yes, give details.)
Wisdom teeth out at 19 years old.
Caesarean section done at 24 years old
Laparoscopy done to check for infertility around 33 years old.
Cholecystectomy (gall bladder out) at 39
Will have two more surgeries at the same time later this year.

*Have you had any broken bones?  Nope

*Do you have allergies? Nope

*What are you doing to keep healthy now?
Trying to exercise, but am failing miserably.  Trying to lose weight and am also failing miserably.  Next week when it cools down a bit, I shall get back at it.  What I want to do is walk and eat more vegetables.


Part 15
Around the World:
*What major world events have happened in your lifetime?
My remembered lifetime.  
1982: Prince Charles and Diana got married, I actually remember watching that and I was only 9 


1989: Tiananmen Square protest and massacre. I was in year 10 at school and recall watching the protesters grow in number every day and saying to my parents, I need to go to China, I need to know what it feels like to be in a crowd of one million people.. then a couple days later the army came in.. and the rest is history.

1997: Princess Diana killed in a car crash.  I was in NZ about to return to Australia and our taxi driver told us she can been killed and we didn't believe him.  He had to turn the radio on to prove it.  What a shock.

2001: World Trade Centre terrorist attack, we were home here at Gordon St.  I had fallen asleep on the couch and woke up around 11pm and the first tower was already hit and was smouldering as we have all seen a billion times now.  I was confused as to what movie it was, so changed channels to get the name of the movie (you know what I mean) and it was the same on channel 9, same on channel 10, same on the ABC... what the hell?  I woke Jamie up and like everyone else stayed up most of the night watching it on the telly.  Surreal.

*Has it affected who you are now? 
A major thing that really affected me at the time was in 1993, I was 20 years old.  It was the killing spree of Paul Denyer.  He was at the time known as the Frankston Killer.  No I didn't live in Frankston.  But it was the complete randomness of the killings, they were all thrill kills, pure stranger killings and I was so worried I would be next.  It was the first time in my life that I thought I could be hurt and it changed the way I did things.  

*Who was the President when you were born?  Who is it now?
US:                       Richard Nixon
                            Barack Obama
Australia:              Gough Whitlam
                            Tony Abbott (unfortunately) 
Canada:                Pierre Trudeau
                            Stephen Harper
NZ:                      Norman Kirk
                            John Key

*What natural disasters have you been in?
The closest we came to a natural disaster was a massive storm in Newcastle, the whole story is written here.  We didn't live in Victoria during Black Saturday, so haven't been in a bush fire, missed a cyclone in Far North Queensland by about day.  Been very safe actually. 

Part Sixteen:
 
Politics: 
*Are you involved in politics?  How so?
Not very at all.  We were quite unionised back in the mid 2000s due to a long strike Jamie was on with Boeing. You can read about it here and here 

*Are you a specific political party? 
I am 100% labour.  
 
*How do you choose who to vote for?
I chose Labour.  I can't cope with the other side.
 
*Are you happy with the Government?
Not at all.  I hate our refugee policy.  I find it embarrassing, that we would lock up, and pay a lot of money to lock up desperate people. I don't get that votes in Parliament are not all conscience votes.  I don't like the rudeness of people in politics.
 
*What would you change if you could?
 I would let the other side be in charge.



No comments: