Sunday, January 07, 2007

2007 - part one.

Yes I know everyone seems to be calling this post the "2007" but how odd is it. I still remember when we went from 1999 to 2000, I remember everything about that night like it was yesterday. Jocelyn might not be so clear on it, she was a little drunk at the time. I was supposed to meet Jamie that night at it be our official "getting together" night... that was the plan in my head anyway, but he got SUPER drunk and had passed out by 9pm... Piker.

Anyway I hear you ask, what;s been going on? Let me take you back in time = to another year in fact.

  • Thursday 21st December - I started to pack, I had already had a list to go by, but not a single thing packed. So pack I did, I was planning on vacuuming the whole house and having it gorgeous for my return also, but stuffed up on that one. Picked Mark up early from school, it was the last day. Heard from his teacher Mr Dabboussey that he had improved 100% and why did she not think of the sticker system earlier???? It was lovely to hear. We left out house at 2pm and DROVE. Back of the car full of stuff, back seat had a gorgously excited 8 year old boy and on either side of him was a dog - yes we took our dogs. Then we drove and drove and arrived at Jamie's parents farm in Nathalia at 1am!!! It was a bloody long car trip. Flying is a much better option.
  • Friday - lazy day. Snoozed, explored the farm, cooked and Jamie played with his parents phone (look for a recurring theme). Connie arrived in the afternoon and it was wonderful to see her again.
  • Saturday was more cooking, more eating, cooking, eating, eating and did I mention eating?
  • Sunday (Christmas eve) my parents and Jo's family arrived at the farm. It was marvellous to see them all again. Sheena doing so well. I'm really pleased how Christmas went this year. It was the first when we could all be together. Its a real shame that Paul (Connie's husband) chooses not to have it with us, but this way suits them. Jocelyn's Mark has no family in Australia other than those he has married into, so its really Jamie and I who do the family shuffle, we (I mean I) decided that maybe we could all combine for a bigger event. Marg and Frank are dairy farmers who don't leave their farms cos of the cows. I think it really worked out well.
  • Christmas Day was really good. Mark was overwhelmed with Lego and Magnetix, we got him a cricket set and some Derwent pencils and he got a bag of goodies for snacks. I got some cushions for my new couch, gift vouchers to DFO (a super surprise from Jamie), a photo display box from Jo and some wine glasses. All the food was very yummy. We visited Leigh's grave to say Merry Christmas to him, still is sad not having him around, but its only been 2 years so its not surprising that its still sad, I can't imagine what it would be like for Marg and Frank.
  • Went to Mum and Dad's for a week - shopping, scrapbook shop looking, picnics, talking, cooking, eating, eating. For some reason Jamie and I had a massive fight and didn't really speak for about 5 days (all fixed now).
  • Went out for coffee and cake with Jess and Ange, very nice to meet them and can't wait for the retreat.

No comments: