Sunday, August 20, 2006

Can't Sleep

Well now everyone that is a lie. I am recovering from night duty still, so I was in bed at 8pm as Jamie was playing xbox (and I really just wanted to go to bed). I wanted to watch my programs but I missed all of Desperate Housewives (should have taped it as well), Cold Case and Law & Order... unconscious sleep until just 2am. Still very tired though.I went to the library this afternoon, got myself a couple of new novels - crime ones, just to be a bit different. Some books from the Premier's Reading Challenge for Mark, so now we only have 32 to go!!! The library was very nice and put stickers on the outside of the books if they were from the list. I also got Mark a book called "What Dad's can't do" it is very cute, lines such as:Dad's cannot cross the road without holding handsDad's can only push they can't swing.Dad's are very bad at playing hide and seek - kids can always find them and they take age to find you.Dad's always loose at checkers, cards and every other game.It had Mark in hysterics... and Jamie said that isn't true (well it is for "normal" dads not super competitive ones such as Jamie)The library was doing a purge of old magazines, so I got one about boats, fishing, motorbike and a Mad magazine for the boys. I got a couple of Who Weeklys to remind me of old times, a Cosmo and the Oprah magazine. Good when you don't have to pay for it.Back to bed I go and I shall attempt to stop scratching my 20 mozzie bites on my legs

No comments: