Thursday, June 02, 2011

Food Glorious Food


I have a love/hate relationship with food.
I love eating it.
I hate cooking it.

I have a very VERY VERY fussy husband. He seems to hate all fruit and vegetables, and, in general, the way I cook. That being the case I have become very lazy with my cooking. Basic, done at the last minute, not really caring if its nice because everyone will complain anyway type of cooking.

Jamie being fussy and (to be honest) rude about food has made Mark quite the same. More often than not, when dinner is put on the table, I get "that looks disgusting", "I'm not hungry" and "do I really have to eat that". Can you see what that does to my self esteem and my desire to cook???

Today - 2nd June 2011 - I am making a change. I will cook colourful, interesting and tasty food for Mark, Ryan (Ben when he starts eating) and myself. Poor Mark has bad skin, lots of pimples, I can blame myself for at least part of it. He eats poorly because I prepare poor meals.

I have not *made* him eat breakfast for over a year. That stopped today as well. He will eat breakfast each day! Today he had a Herbalife Shake, tomorrow will be the same or some Weetbix.

I will menu plan and shop to it.

Tonight is:
Steak, braised cabbage, steamed broccoli and cauliflower and mashed potato.

Friday:
Stir fry with lots of vegies.

Saturday:
Well that's as far as I have gotten. Will come back with the rest of the plan.

No comments: